Reilly cottage

William and Mary Reilly lived on North Bridge Street in the City of Poughkeepsie when Charles Chlanda designed five small parcels on the upper flat part of the former Newbold estate.  They chose the center parcel and built this cottage.  Chlanda changed his mind about developing five sites, and took the remaining sites off the market.

William (1911 - 1997) and Mary (1919 - 2010) lived in this cottage until their deaths.  Mary died 2 December 2010.  Brother Donald Kelly looked after her in her last years.

Their children continue to own the house, which is situated just north of the Winslow portion of the Marist Campus. Part of the Fontaine Academic Building can be seen (very faintly) at the extreme left of this photo.